Decatur and the surrounding areas are growing fast. One of these could be the perfect place for you to raise your family. Priceville is a growing town right on the edge of Decatur which is quickly growing and becoming one of the most sought after areas for families. On the other end of Decatur sits the small town of Trinity which is also quickly expanding and becoming very sought after. These are the perfect size towns for raising your kiddos.
There are many of playgrounds in town here are some of our favorites:
- Delano Park
- Rhodes Ferry Park
- Kimbrell Park in Trinity
- Veterans Park of Priceville
- Wheeler Wildlife Refuge was established on July 7, 1938 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt as a refuge and breeding ground for migratory birds and other wildlife. Its great diversity of habitat includes deep river channels, tributary creeks, tupelo swamps, open backwater embankments, bottomland hardwoods, pine uplands, and agricultural fields. We love to walk the trails and explore on the refuge.
- Gofar USA Park
- Jack Allen Recreational Park quickly became recognized as one of the best soccer facilities in the Southeast. At the complex you will find multiple amenities including a playground, ten international sized fields, a disc golf course and much more!
- Point Mallard Park– Point Mallard offers a wide variety of fun including a waterpark, soccer fields, batting cages and much more! Check out the RCM review here!
- Upsurge Trampoline Park
- AMC Movie Theater
- Princess Theater
- River City Lanes Bowling Alley
- Decatur Public Library
- Cooks Museum
- Historic Depot and Railroad Museum
- MoCo Sweet Treat Trail
- The Carnegie Visual Arts Center
- Casa Santiago
- Apple Lane
- Big Bob Gibson’s
- Cheesecakes and More
- Libby’s Catfish Restaurant
- The Moody Crab
- The Brick
- J.W. Steak House
Ice Cream/ Fro-yo: Tess’s Place, Zen Beri, and Baskin Robbins are some of our family favorites!
Farmers Market: Decatur’s Farmers market offers a wide variety of all our favorite fruits and veggies!
Small Shops: Shops on 2nd avenue, Miss Muldrew’s, and The Sassy Owl are great options for all kinds of gifts!